We love homemade tomato soup with fresh tomatoes, and now that the greenhouse is filled with tomatoes in abundance, it’s a lovely and easy dish. If there’s more than you can eat tonight, it can also be frozen. Get our recipe for a delicious creamy tomato soup here.
Tomato soup with tomatoes
While it may be fine with a soup made from canned tomatoes, the taste it just a 100 times better with a soup made on real tomatoes. Even better if they come from your own greenhouse. Yum!
For this soup we first bake the vegetables in the oven, the grilled taste gives a completely different depth to the soup, and it has become our preferred way to make tomato soup.
How to make tomato soup?
When it comes to this soup, the recipe is so easy, and the result is just always good. We usually get the kids started on cutting out tomatoes and bell peppers, here it means nothing what the cut looks like as it all has to be blended at the end.
For the recipe, you will need:
- Tomatoes,preferably from own greenhouse if you are so lucky.
- Red bell pepper, it gives a nice taste to the soup along with the tomatoes.
- Onions, again for the sake of taste.
- Garlic, it’s just delicious in tomato soup!
- Oil, to put over the vegetables in the oven.
- Broth, it’s ok with stock cubes.
- Basil, tomatoes love basil.
- Soup pastaor other pasta.
- Salt and pepper.
Our kids love this soup, it’s super kid-friendly in taste, and it’s fun to help make it. They start by picking up the tomatoes in the greenhouse, washing them and cutting them out. Then they put tomatoes in an oven proof dish along with the bell peppers and onions in coarse pieces. Put the oil, salt and pepper on and put the dish in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Then put it all in a blender and blend well together with half the broth and basil. Now you can sieve the soup to get rid of clumps of peel. Then mix with the rest of the broth and season the soup.
Just before dinner time, the soup is heated and the pasta is cooked directly in the soup. Here you just need to follow the cooking instructions on the package of pasta for how long they should have in the soup.
Tomato soup recipe
Here you get our recipe for delicious tomato soup with pasta. Of course, you can leave out the pasta if you like, but the little soup horns or seashells are just beautiful in such a soup. A good bread also acts really well as an accessory for this soup.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 l vegetable broth
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 2 dl soup pasta, or other suitable pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Devide the tomatoes, the onions and the bell peppers into coarse pieces.
- Put it all in a dish with garlic and pour olive oil over the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, and bake the vegetables in the oven at 200 degrees celcious for approx. 45 min. Stir when half the time has passed.
- When the vegetables are tender and branched, blend them together with half of the broth and basil leaves.
- Then pour the soup through a sieve, mix with the rest of the broth and season with salt and pepper.
- When tit is dinner time, bring the soup to boil and add pasta, which is boiled in the soup. Follow the cooking time instructions on the package.
- The soup is eaten hot, sprinkled with fresh basil leaves.
How do you like the recipe?
Have you tried this recipe? We’d love to hear what you think of it. Leave a comment, add number of stars to the recipe and share your photo on Instagram with #madformadelskere – We love seeing your dishes ♥️
Note: This recipe was originally published on April 19, 2016 – We have subsequently updated and republished it with more relevant information to give you the best experience with the recipe.
Also sign up for our Facebook group where you can show pictures of the delicious food you make! You can find the Facebook group here